Thursday, October 4, 2012

In the Beginning

I have always been attracted to creating things.  I loved my home economics and art classes. I have always been surrounded by those who love to create.  My mother loves to hand embroider items, crochet afghans, and now she is into quilting. I will never forget when my grandmother let me use her treadle sewing machine, it fostered a love with sewing machines that has never died!

They influenced me to pursue a career in home economics education (now referred to as family and consumer sciences).  This only fueled my passion to create things.  After the birth of my first child, I began to create quilts, and I have never stopped! 

The purpose of this blog is to inspire others to explore their creative side, and to encourage me to continue to grow in my artistic pursuits.

Let's both have some fun together!
Linda B.

No comments:

Post a Comment