Thursday, April 25, 2019

The Lilac Leaf Small Border Free-Motion Quilting Design Tutorial



I am excited to share with you my new tutorial, on quilting a small border motif, The Lilac Leaf. This motif is great for narrow borders and is easy to replicate.

It uses a heart motif as the basic leaf shape.  Then by adding a curl for fun and a center vein to travel to the next leaf you can establish a groove that will allow you to complete your small borders easily.

A close up of the stitched motif.


I always recommend practice drawing the design on paper to develop a muscle memory that can help you execute the design with your sewing machine. Check out my tutorial and see me stitch out my quilting motif using a domestic sewing machine.



I created this motif to use on my SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates) auction donation quilt.  As you can see the lilac motif fit in with the whole theme of the piece.




Be sure to subscribe to my blog to see further posts on my SAQA auction donation piece.




If you would like to see how I started this project check out my first post using this link: 
http://lindabcreative.blogspot.com/2019/04/creating-my-own-missouri-spring.html.

Heading back to the sewing studio to finish this piece,

No comments:

Post a Comment