Monday, August 14, 2023

The Rescue Me Tux Pattern Completed as Machine Applique


 

Hello Creatives,

I hope that you have been able to squeeze in some sew time this summer.  I have been sharing in my Facebook page, Linda Bratten Creations, how to use my Rescue Me Tux pattern as a machine appliqued panel.  I originally designed the pattern to be used to assist workshop participants to create a faux batik panel



Participants did not need to have developed their artistic skills to draw Tux, they just had to trace the pattern lines to replicate the panel.  We then used a water-based resist and Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow textile paints to add the color.  After the piece dries and is heat set, you rinse out the resist and you have a fun panel to create a variety of projects with.




The past few weeks, I used fabrics and my sewing machine's decorative stitches to create a machine appliqued version of the panel.  


This week I will be sharing how I finished my panel to create a wall-hanging and prepped it for free-motion quilting.  I would love to have you join me.  I go live on Monday's at 7 pm Central, in the Linda Bratten Creations Facebook page.

Off to prepare for tonight's live, join me at 7!



No comments:

Post a Comment