Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Capturing Memories with Memory Quilts

Do you ever have a project that you know will be fantastic, but you just can't find the time to get it done?  Well, for two years I have been planning and imagining how wonderful this memory quilt was going to be.  I was hoping to complete it for the wedding--I had envisioned it as a backdrop behind the wedding cake.  Then, I thought, it would make a great first anniversary gift. Needless to say, I missed that date.  But one sure fire way to complete a project is to make it a class sample.  So this past year I offered a trapunto by machine class, and yes, I was able to get it done.
The Anniversary Quilt

Details of the center.

The quilt also features, shadow work trapunto, photo transfer, 3-D machine embroidery designs by A Bit of Stitch, lace and ribbon embellishments, and my husband's and my flowers from the wedding.

Even though the quilt didn't get finished when I thought it was appropriate, it was finished in time to share a memory with two important people in my life, Jacob and Brooke.  Congratulations on your first two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment