Monday, February 17, 2020

What Should You Write on a Quilt Label?


Do you take the time to create quilt labels for your quilts?  I admit that sometimes when I get to the end of a project, I just want to finish it and get it done.  Have you been there?


I created this post to go along with a guild program that I offer called,  "Telling Your Story--Labeling Your Quilts".  I designed it to encourage quilters to leave a recorded legacy of their work.  After all when you work so hard on a project you deserve the credit. 

It is important to label your quilts for a variety of reasons.  Some are:

  1.  It provides a historical record for the future
  2. Protects your work, incase of theft or loss
  3. Helps us to remember the when, where, and who of the pattern and inspiration
  4. Adds value, especially when estimating quilt values or appraisals
  5. Shares the story of the quilt



In the program I share a variety of ways to quickly create and add a labels to your quilts.  

There are some things you may want to include in your quilt labels.  They include:
  1.  The creator's name and the quilter's name if they are different
  2. Who the quilt is designed for
  3. Where the quilt was made
  4. A starting and finishing date
  5. The title of the quilt or the quilt pattern
  6.  Special techniques used in making the quilt, inspiration for the quilt, etc.
  7. Care Instructions
As I was researching this program, I came across some wonderful items that other creators have used to create quilt labels.  Use the links to grab these fabulous free offers:


These great fabric envelopes are available from Babylock.  





Sew Can She offers these great printable quilt labels.  Use your favorite permanent, acid free pen to write in the information. 




Connecting Threads offers a great variety of pintables. 



June Tailor also offers an abundance of printable quilt labels.  Click Here




You can find my link to free machine embroidery labels on my website, www.LindaBrattenCreations.com.  Look for this picture and you can download my free designs in PES format.


Looking for more inspiration on how to create a quilt label?  Check out my Pinterest board dedicated to Quilt Labels on the Linda Bratten Creations.





Are you interested in having me come and present at your guild or favorite quilt shop?  


Simply fill out a contact email on my website www.LindaBrattenCreations.com and I will send you a list of programs and workshops that are available.

Off to get ready for my program,

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know how you will use them, Linda

      Delete