Sunday, September 26, 2021

Seaside Adventure Row Along-Vitamin Sea the Starfish Block

 I am so excited to be a part of the Seaside Adventure Row Along!  


Let me introduce myself to those not familiar with my work.   



I am Linda, the creative force behind Linda Bratten Creations where I design patterns, workbooks and make presentations.  

While I embrace art quiltingI began my quilting journey making traditional quilts.

This is a small segment of My Fantasy Garden quilt.



 I am a National Educator with Baby Lock where I get to share my love of the Baby Lock machines and their accessories with others.










Not only do I have my own free-motion quilting class, but I was also selected as one of their top eleven instructors in this fun class.


When I found out the theme of this year's Row Along I was very excited.  My favorite vacations have been taken on the beach.  Thus, I had plenty of inspiration to work with.


I gave a nod to my traditional roots by starting with an ocean wave block. 



 I re-designed it a bit to make it a foundation paper piecing block. 




Then I added a fun applique to the center.

It was great to work with the Northcott Fabrics from their Stonehenge Collection to create this great block!



I love the way my Baby Lock sewing machine created this smooth satin applique.


The offer for this free pattern has expired.  Be sure to subscribe to my blog to get the next free offer!

If you enjoy my pattern, be sure to sign up for my free monthly newsletter, Linda B Creative where I share fun projects and creative inspiration!


Also join me on Thursdays at 1 pm Central, in my Linda Bratten Creations Facebook page for my weekly Facebook Lives!




Be sure to check out the other designers that are offering a free pattern this week.

Sue Griffiths

Raylee Bielenberg

Enjoy this year's Seaside Adventure Row Along!



4 comments:

  1. Your block is really lovely, and I really like the appliqued center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful block. You did a great job on the satin stitches. I thought that it was machine embroidery. I am so sad to hear of the passing of Marion. I have done her Row a long in Florida for several years. I have a ton of row kits from all the shops that i visited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I too was sad to lose such a creative force in the quilting world. She will be missed. If you want to know more of how I like to machine applique, visit my Linda Bratten Creations Facebook page. Check out the videos tab, I have done several Facebook lives about applique with your sewing machine.

      Delete