Saturday, December 7, 2019

Plans for 2020


Today’s prompt for the 31 Blog Writing Challenge hosted by Cheryl Sleboda of Muppin.com is my dream project.  I have two projects that I would love to accomplish next year.  I have always admired lone star and broken star quilts.  I recently purchased a Compass Star pattern by Roxanne Carter of Quilting with Roxanne that I want to try.


I love the way she combines the lone star piecing with foundation paper piecing techniques.  I was hoping to create one with my Mother. She needs to get well, so we can quilt together again.


The next pattern that I want to sew is the Amethyst Project Bag by Sara Lawson of Sew Sweetness.  I have taught a project bag called the Simply Chic Carry All created by Michelle Griffith of Michelle’s Designs.



That pattern made you fearless when inserting a zipper and combining lots of sewing techniques thus requiring lots of time to create it.

The Amethyst Project Bag appears to have fewer elements to construct, so less classroom time will be needed.  But it will allow my students to still learn lots of bag making techniques in the process.  I consider this a win!

Do you have any projects that you are planning for next year?  Feel free to inspire me to add more to my wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment